BTEC Level 1 & 2 Award Home Cooking Skills
In this subject we will be covering all aspects of the following: –
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Food presentation, cooking and presentation
- Menu planning and seasonality
- Portion control and costing
The course will also cover aspects of: –
- Safety and Hygiene in the kitchen
- Specialist equipment (for food preparation, cooking and serving)
- Communication and record keeping
- Environmental considerations
- Passing on recipes to others, spreading the good work!
To achieve the Level 1 qualification, you will need to complete a ONE course practical assessment which you will plan, budget, prepare and cook. This level is covered over 40 hours of learning.
To achieve Level 2 qualification, you will need to plan, budget, prepare and cook a TWO course meal as a practical assessment. This level requires 60 hours of learning.
The exam board is Pearson BTEC award. This qualification will cover both practical and theory lessons. With motivation, attendance and commitment to the subject you will have no problem achieving it.
If you are a bit of a foodie, come and give it a try!!!