Prince’s Trust 2018 – 19
Prince’s Trust is a charity which helps young people gain valuable experience, nationally recognised qualifications and GCSE points without doing an external exam.
What do we do?
You get to take part in a mixture of:
- Practical Projects: Army Day, Residential, Healthy lifestyles which involves organising and cooking a two course meal, Fund raising for Charity, Community events, Enterprise.
- Coursework: You have to build a file of evidence of the topics you have covered and what you have learnt and understood. This will include photographic evidence.
How do we work in Prince’s Trust?
- You will be taking part in lots of teamwork and you will have a lesson each week to finish your units.
- If you are not having fun in Prince’s Trust, you need to try harder!
Once you are registered with the Prince’s Trust you can:
- Keep doing Units after you leave Larches House until you are 25!
- Get help from them with your career
- Apply to them for cash to help you get a job
- As you are only assessed on your coursework attending all lessons is important
- All our Units are set at Level 2
- The more units you complete the more certificates you receive and could be eligible for an award.
- The Units you will work on could include:
- Running a Business
- Planning Your Career
- Managing Your Cash
- Doing a Community Project
- Healthy lifestyles